The talks and tutorials presented at the 4th annual Python Web Conference are now available for free. Topics ranged from Code and Tech to Social and Career advice.
Six Feet Up's Python Web Conference 2022 (#PWC2022), was a virtual event that took place between March 21 and 25, targeted at Python Web Developers. It featured 90 international experts presenting on 85 topics such as Django, CI/CD, Containers, Serverless, REST APIs, web security and microservices, split into 6 tracks.The tickets were priced $99 for students and $199 for pros, and the attendees were 376 devs coming from 36 countries.
The presentations and post-event recordings have been shared as huge playlist on YouTube. The talks on development included topics such as :
- Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Machine Learning
- Big Data
- Lean Software Development
- Cloud Native
- REST APIs
- Team Building / Working Remote
- Front-end development
- Web Security
As is evident, there are too many videos for me to itemize, but here's my selection of the top and must-watch ones:
- Python Coding Mistakes, Causes of Vulnerabilities and How to Solve It! by Christopher Van Der Made
- Towards Reliability by Jayesh Ahire
- A Vulnerable Tale About Burnout by Julia Simon
- Why Should Developers Care About Container Security? by Eric Smalling
- You Shall Not Password: Modern Authentication for Web Apps by Eli Holderness
- How to TDD a REST API by Gil Zilberfeld
- CI/CD with Python: From Code to Cloud by Daniel Keler
- Production-Ready Python Serverless Web APIs by Raphael Jambalos
- Zero to Production-Ready: A Best-Practices Process for Docker Packaging by Itamar Turner-Trauring
- Writing Better Documentation for Developers by Meredydd Luff
- Tutorial: End-to-End Testing with Playwright by Andrew Knight
- Communication is Just as Important as Code by M. Scott Ford
Of course, the talk wasn't just on code. Other presentations included:
- An Imposter is Among Us (pretty sure it’s me…): Fighting Imposter Syndrome by Elizabeth Gray
- Be the CEO of Your Career by Mike Mead
What does career success mean to you? How will you achieve it? In this session, whether you want to climb the corporate ladder or find greater fulfillment in your current role, you’ll learn creative methods to help you achieve your ultimate career success.
- Confessions of Joe Developer by Daniel Roy Greenfeld
Over the course of 17 years of professional Python development at Octopus Energy, NASA, and various agencies, Daniel Roy Greenfeld has picked up a lot of easy tricks stolen from the best and brightest in the software community that make him look good in front of his peers and colleagues.
- Technical Communities at an Enterprise Scale by Marianna Polatoglou & Monica Ho
Bring technical people together and technical communities will form organically. It is then a matter of sustaining and fostering this collaboration to support their being successful.
- The Flower by Noel Musicha
Whoever tells the most compelling story shapes the future. What story does your work tell? When you are gone, what will be the proof of your life?
It certainly was a great event with quality material and that the talks were made available for free post event is something much appreciated. So pick your favorite one and go watch it!
Python Web Conference 2022
The full YouTube playlist with 91 talks
Kids Learn to Code in Python with the Raspberry Pi Foundation
A Crash Course on Python By Google
Fly Over the Moon With Microsoft And Python