This book is about Combine, Apple’s framework to work with asynchronous events, and is aimed at Swift developers who are interested in learning declarative/reactive programming. The book also looks at SwiftUI, as many of the reactive capabilities keeping SwiftUI views up-to-date are built on top of Combine.
Author: Raywenderlich Tutorial Team
Date: May 2021
Audience: Swift developers
- What & Why: Learn what is Combine and reactive programming and the problems they solve, and how you can unify all of your asynchronous piece of work.
- Operators: Learn how to compose, transform, filter and otherwise manipulate different pieces of asynchronous work using operators.
- In Practice: You'll gain knowledge on various topics and techniques you'll leverage when writing your own real-life apps, as well as practice these techniques with actual hands-on apps and projects.
- SwiftUI: You'll learn about how Combine is deeply rooted within SwiftUI and provides it with the ability to reactively update its views based on the state of your app.
- Advanced Combine: Once you've got a handle on the basics, you'll dive into advanced Combine topics such as Error Handling, Schedulers, and Custom Publishers.
For more Book Watch just click.
Book Watch is I Programmer's listing of new books and is compiled using publishers' publicity material. It is not to be read as a review where we provide an independent assessment. Some, but by no means all, of the books in Book Watch are eventually reviewed.
To have new titles included in Book Watch contact BookWatch@i-programmer.info
Follow @bookwatchiprog on Twitter or subscribe to I Programmer's Books RSS feed for each day's new addition to Book Watch and for new reviews.