A new grid and some novel map projections have been added to NetAdvantage for SharePoint, Infragistics' set of web parts for creating visualizations from SharePoint data.
The major new feature in NetAdvantage for SharePoint 2012 Volume 1 is a tabular Grid web part that gives a great deal of flexibility for working with SharePoint data.
(click to enlarge)
The grid mimics the experience of Microsoft Excel and has the following features:
- Rapid-View Design - Add, remove, or re-order list columns.
- Sorting - Apply ascending or descending order for one or more columns.
- Group By – Organize records in one or more columns within a grid as primary and secondary groups.
- Filtering - In addition to the default SharePoint list view filtering, there are several Grid-specific filters including “Does Not Contain,” “Ends With,” and “Date Time Conditions.”
- Paging - Divide the data into pages for better performance and readability.
- Column Resizing - Change the width of the grid’s columns.
- Tooltips - Get additional information by hovering the mouse cursor over a grid cell.
- Column Summary - Apply aggregate functions to a given column based on data type.
- Inline Data Editing - Update, delete, or add rows. These changes reflect in the bound SharePoint list or External Content Type.
- Auto-refresh Data - Refreshing the values from the data provider at a predefined period of time.
- SharePoint Theme Consistency – Get the SharePoint theme fonts and color scheme to look consistent with the rest of the web application design.
This release also has enhanced map features, specifically support for alternative projections including Balhasart, Berhmann, Lambert, and Mercator.
These new features are on top of the existing gauges, charts, and other data visualizations that allow business users to turn SharePoint into a data dashboard for making better business decisions.
The US in Balhasart Projection
NetAdvantage for SharePoint Overiew
New features in NetAdvantage for SharePoint 2012 Volume 1
New SharePoint Web Parts
To be informed about new articles on I Programmer, install the I Programmer Toolbar, subscribe to the RSS feed, follow us on, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or Linkedin, or sign up for our weekly newsletter.
blog comments powered by