Part of the resurgence of activity at Microsoft's VC++ department is a weekly newsletter which is already at Issue 14.
There has been something of a resurgence of activity at the VC++ department at Microsoft - more posts to the blog, an attempt to respond to users problems and a weekly newsletter on VC++ and it happens to have some useful stuff in it!
The latest issue Vol 1 Issue 14 can be read at VC++ Newsletter.
My only complaint if the "cute" layout format in the form of a newspaper. It initially looks good but its a bit of an uncontrolled mess when you try to use it. To give you some idea what's in the issue:
- Troubleshooting Tips for IntelliSense Slowness
- The Concurrency Runtime and Visual C++ 2010: Lambda Expressions
- CMapi v1.23 (MFC classes for sending and receiving mail using Simple MAPI)
- Exception Boundaries: Working With Multiple Error Handling Mechanisms
- Is it reasonable to use the prefix increment operator ++it instead of postfix operator it++ for iterators?
- Meet the Visual C++ Most Valuable Professionals (II)
- Windows 7 Taskbar Integration for MFC Applications
- Windows Restart and Recovery Recipe
Personally I could do without the interviews with MVPs and more opinion, how-to, best practice would be good. If they want to put in opinion articles, more on where VC++ is going would be better.
The forgotten tribe - VC++ programmers
New in VC++ 2010 (video)