NetBeans IDE 7.4 Beta extends HTML5 features to Java EE and PHP application development; introduces new support for Hybrid HTML5 development on Android and iOS platforms; provides support for preview versions of JDK 8; and has redesigned JavaFX support.
For mobile developers the main new HTML5 features are:
- Support for Phonegap application development on Android and iOS
- Support for Android and iOS Browsers
- Browser switcher in main toolbar
- Saving changes from Chrome Developer Tools
(click screenshot to enlarge)
There is also editing support for the SASS and LESS stylesheet languages, and new network monitor.
HTML5 features are now available in both Java EE projects and PHP applications. PHP developers also have new support for Nette Framework (with Latte templates), Zend Framework 2 and the Atoum PHP 5.3+ unit testing framework. In addition there are refactoring improvements and static code analysis support.
Java EE developers will also welcome Wizards for JSF 2.2 Resource Library Contracts and FacesComponents.
The major new Java feature is preview support for JDK 8's profiles and lambdas. In addtion the beta has:
- Code completion, Hints and Refactoring improvements
- Native packaging
- Updated bundled Ant 1.9.0 and Maven 3.0.5
The new features for JavFX support are:
- JavaFX runtime classpath support added to the SE-based project infrastructure
- Refined JavaFX and Java SE project options
- Additional JavaFX Maven project template
- JavaFX file types available in Maven projects
which are described in
- Editing support for AngularJS, Knockout and ExtJS frameworks
- Navigator and code folding in JSON files
- Enhanced code completion with improved accuracy
- Run/Debug launchers support
- Find Usages improvements
- C/C++ formatting style per project
and some that are classed as "Miscellaneous":
- Lock Contention for profiling tasks
- New Tasks Dashboard and Notifications windows
- Enhancements to the Subversion, Git and Mercurial versioning tools
- TestNG and Junit improvements
- Improvements to Databases
NetBeans IDE 7.4 Beta is available in English, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese, Russian, and Simplified Chinese.