Build Sold Out - But What Is On The Agenda?
Written by Sue Gee   
Friday, 05 April 2013

Tickets for Microsoft's  Build 2013 developer conference sold out just under a day after registration opened. There's going to be a hackathon but so far there's no details of the sessions.

The event is to be held at the Moscone Center in San Francisco and if you think the tickets were snapped up quickly it's worth noting that those for Google I/O in the same venue ran out in less than an hour.

So what can the lucky delegates who have paid $2095 dollars apiece expect?

Well one hint is that The Agenda section, like this year's build logo is blue. To describe the preliminary agenda as sketchy is an understatement.

Registration is from 3:00pm - 8:00pm on Day 0, June 25 and from 7:00am - 8:00pm on Day 1, Jun 26. Sessions run from 9:00am to 6:30pm on  Day 1 and Day 2 and from 8:30am to 2:30pm on Day 3, June 28 when the conference ends. 

What we do have more information about is the Hackathon that starts on Day 0 at 7:00pm and carries on until 2:00am in the morning, to resume for a mammoth non-stop session non-from 11:30am on Day 1 through to 6:30pm on Day 2.

The idea of the Hackathon is to:

Get hands-on coding experience building apps from scratch using Windows, Windows Phone or Windows Azure for a chance to win prizes! Microsoft experts will be on-hand throughout the Hackathon to help build your app every step of the way.

Devs can work individually or in teams, you'll need your own PC but  dinner and late night snacks will be provided.

It sounds like fun but would you pay $2095 for the opportunity?

Last year's build delegates all received a 32GB Surface RT and a Nokia Lumia 920 smartphone running Windows 8 - so perhaps this year's attendees are hoping for similar goodies.

buildlogo2013

More Information

Build 2013

Related Articles

Microsoft Announces Build 2013

BUILD 2012 Sells Out In An Hour

Windows 8 ModernMix - Runs Apps In A Window

Windows 8 - Success Or Fail?

After Sinofsky - All Change For Windows 8?

To be informed about new articles on I Programmer, install the I Programmer Toolbar, subscribe to the RSS feed, follow us on, Twitter, FacebookGoogle+ or Linkedin,  or sign up for our weekly newsletter.

raspberry pi books

Comments

or email your comment to: comments@i-programmer.info

Banner

GitHub Enterprise Server Adds Deployment Rollout Controls
11/03/2024

Version 3.12 of GitHub Enterprise Server, the self-hosted version of GitHub that organizations can install on their own servers, has been released with support for restricting deployment rollouts [ ... ]

Running PostgreSQL Inside Your Browser With PGLite
18/03/2024

Thanks to WebAssembly we can now enjoy PostgreSQL inside the browser so that we can build reactive, realtime, local-first apps directly on Postgres. PGLite is about to make this even easier.

More News

Last Updated ( Friday, 05 April 2013 )