If you're leading a startup or a new team between 10 and 150 people, this guide, subtitled Strategies for Building Successful Teams and Organizations, provides a practical approach to managing your way through these challenges. Each section covers essential strategies and tactics for managing growth, starting with a single team and exploring typical scaling points as the team grows in size and complexity. Authors David Loftesness and Alexander Grosse provide many examples and lessons based on their experience and interviews with industry leaders.
Authors: David Loftesness and Alexander Grosse
Date: January 2017
Audience: Team Leaders
Category: Career development
- Hiring: Learn a scalable hiring process for growing your team
- People management: Use 1-on-1 mentorship, dispute resolution, and other techniques to ensure your team is happy and productive
- Organization: Motivate employees by applying five organizational design principles
- Culture: Build a culture that can evolve as you grow, while remaining connected to the team's core values
- Communication: Ensure that important information-and only the important stuff-gets through
Follow @bookwatchiprog on Twitter or subscribe to I Programmer's Books RSS feed for each day's new addition to Book Watch and for new reviews.
To have new titles included in Book Watch contact BookWatch@i-programmer.info